Name of the project:
Sachivalaya Integrated Communication Network (SICN)
which the project was taken:
Information Technology Department, GAD,
Government of Gujarat
SICN is a network
owned by Government of Gujarat for their Voice
Communication needs. This network is spread in capital of Gujarat
Gandhinagar connecting almost all the Govt. Boards & Corporations
The core of this
network is Lucent make DEFINITY G3r EPABX with the
capacity of 8500+ lines and 650 trunks working on E1 R2
MFC and ISDN-PRI, expandable up to 25000 lines.
Through OFC this
EPABX is connected to 11 remote units.
As a backbone
around 100 Kms. Of Optical Fiber has been laid and 150 Kms. Of JFC has
been laid with Structured cabling for Voice & Data nodes. There are
8500+ Voice Nodes and 5000 Data Nodes.
- Private Telephone Exchange (PABX) Network covering entire State Capital
- Network implemented in Sept 2000
- Project Cost – 9.57 Crore
- System implemented by TATA Communications
- OEM – Avaya (Formally Lucent)
- Consists of 1 Core Exchange and 10 Remote Units interconnected through OFC
- Network works on TDM based PABX system
Present Status – SICN
- At present SICN caters entire Gandhinagar offices on TDM based voice only Analog and Digital extensions.
- Total extensions working as on 31st March – 8206
- Total free extensions as on 31st March - 626
- Total PRI Trunks - 23
- Average Outgoing calls daily – 1,10,000
- Average Internal calls daily – 1,85,000
- Annual telephone bill – Appox. 2 crores p.a.
- Annual cost savings thru PABX – Appox. 9.5 crores p.a.
- CAMC managed by M/s AGC Networks
This Network is
equipped with the DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server (ECS), which
organizes and routes voice transmissions. It can connect to private and
public telephone networks, Ethernet LANs, ATM networks, and the
This network has
the following components.
Every DEFINITY ECS
has one Processor Port Network (PPN). The PPN houses the Switch
Processing Element and Center Stage Switch (CSS). The Switch Processing
Element (SPE) contains the central processing unit, which supervises
system operation. It also contains a mass storage system for loading
system software and saving system translations. The Center Stage Switch
(CSS) is a connection hub that provides port network communication to
allow for growth. RUs are connected via fiber links to provide the
connections required for voice and data information transfer. It
provides both circuit-switched and packet-switched connections. Fiber
Link Administration creates the translation data defining these links by
identifying the endpoint pairs for each link.