Name of the project:
Sachivalaya Integrated Communication Network (SICN)
which the project was taken:
Information Technology Department, GAD,
Government of Gujarat
Private Telephone Exchange (PABX) Network covering entire State Capital
Network implemented in Sept 2000
System implemented by TATA Communications
OEM – Avaya (Formally Lucent)
Consists of 1 Core Exchange and 11 Remote Units interconnected through OFC
Network works on TDM based PABX system
The core of this network is Lucent make DEFINITY G3r EPABX with the capacity of 9432 port and (8912 active ports+ 520 free ports), and 660 trunk lines working on E1 R2 MFC and ISDN-PRI, expandable up to 25000 lines.
As a backbone around 100 Kms. Of Optical Fiber has been laid and 150 Kms. Of JFC has been laid with Structured cabling for Voice & Data nodes. There are 8900+ active Voice ports and 5000 Data Nodes
- Annual cost savings thru PABX – Approx. 9.5 crores p.a.
- SICN Project is providing prompt services.
- SICN project is providing minimum breakdown time.
- At present SICN caters entire Gandhinagar offices on TDM based voice only Analog and Digital extensions.
- Total extensions working as on 30 September 2018 – 8912 ports.
- Total free extensions as on 30 September 2018 - 520
- Total PRI Trunks - 22
- Average Outgoing calls daily – 1,10,000
- Average Internal calls daily – 1,85,000
- Annual telephone bill – Appox. 2 crores p.a.
- Annual cost savings thru PABX – Appox. 9.5 crores p.a.
- CAMC managed by M/s AGC Networks
This Network is
equipped with the DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server (ECS), which
organizes and routes voice transmissions. It can connect to private and
public telephone networks, Ethernet LANs, ATM networks, and the
This network has
the following components.
Every DEFINITY ECS
has one Processor Port Network (PPN). The PPN houses the Switch
Processing Element and Center Stage Switch (CSS). The Switch Processing
Element (SPE) contains the central processing unit, which supervises
system operation. It also contains a mass storage system for loading
system software and saving system translations. The Center Stage Switch
(CSS) is a connection hub that provides port network communication to
allow for growth. RUs are connected via fiber links to provide the
connections required for voice and data information transfer. It
provides both circuit-switched and packet-switched connections. Fiber
Link Administration creates the translation data defining these links by
identifying the endpoint pairs for each link.